We, the Women of Switzerland (WoS) are engaged to support any action related to ICT for Dignity in a perspective of sustainable development and solidarity among peoples of the world.
We are convinced of the necessity to fight against:
- Any discrimination based on gender issues or on sexual orientation;
- Any kind of cyber violence, in particular against children and women;
- Offensive and illegal contents, misrepresentation of women, hard pornography, child pornography…;
- Human trafficking and prostitution facilitated by ICT.
We are convinced of the necessity to:
- Increase appropriate content and access to ICT infrastructure and services;
- Develop awareness and educational programs related to ICT and to Equal Opportunity approaches;
- Foster ICT to sustain and support dignity in cyberspace and in real life;
- Increase equal opportunity actions through cyberspace and promote equality between women and men in all domains and activities;
- Reinforce social and economic development of women by ICT.
- Protect digital privacy, personal data, the right of freedom of movement and of expression through ICT and cyberspace.Full text of the declaration here
See also / voir aussi (in French / en français)
« Egalité des chances: au-delà de l’utopie et du politiquement correct,
une nécessité humaine et économique »
Discours prononcé par Solange Ghernaouti-Hélie lors de la conférence du 8 mars 2011.